Sunday, September 7, 2008

Request for Support

Bri's Mom here: Greetings Everyone,
I hope that this note finds you all well and enjoying our precious gift of Life. It has been a long while since I last communicated with many of you. Since Brianne passed away in June, I have struggled with all the effects that grief brings. The reality of losing Beez remains very painful. I compartmentalize; take care of my responsibilities and then when I allow myself to reflect and revisit I still grieve deeply. The loss of my girl feels like a deep hole of emptiness and sorrow. It is something that only God can touch to get through the pain but the heartache remains daily. often find myself crying out to God saying "I just want her back" knowing that is a prayer that will not be answered. I hold on to Hope and someday I 'll be with my girl again, hearing her laugh, seeing her beautiful smile and hugging the stuffing out of her. Well, enough of the sad song. Beez often pleaded with me to not remain sad after she's gone and to please live, really liveeach day. She was an excellent role model of that for me as she enjoyed life with great joy and loved completely!
I am writing now to ask for your consideration and support of a dear childhood friend of Brianne, Chris and Joshua's, Jonathon Brown. Jon has entered and committed himself to run the Marine Corps. Marathon in Washington, D.C. to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma research in memory of our Beez. We know Brianne wanted us as a family to support this cause and we are committing our future days to support research in hopes for a cure someday. Please consider sending even a very small gift to support his run. Just a ten dollar donation would help as Jon is still 1,000.00 short of his $3,500.00 goal.
Please read his web page and letter and give what you are able to give. Thank You so very much for your time and consideration. Blessings to you and your family

Website
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nc/corps08/jbrownyqag

See the letter attached from Jonathon Brown as he explains how he was lead to run 26 miles and commit himself to this cause. Again, thank you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is omnipresent in this day and age, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory drops, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] DS NetServ)

Anonymous said...

I've read a few just right stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to make any such magnificent informative site.

Here is my blog post ... ray ban outlet